Κυριακή 1 Απριλίου 2018

SKRYLLS – Cold/Low Review



SKRYLLS – Cold/Low

Independent


SKRYLLS is a band that although can be considered new is crafted from musicians that have huge experience in the metal sound, but let me take things from the start. SKRYLLS is the “child” of the singer Orlando Skrylls and was formed in 2015 in Switzerland. From the start the band wanted to create dark and emotional music and after a lot of work they are about to release their first effort which is this EP.

I think that it is very hard to describe the music of SKRYLLS in a few words, because it is after all something that you have to listen to and experience. No don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean that here you will listen to something that is complicated, on the contrary the sound of the band is very straight forward and even catchy. I mean that the songs are crafted in a way that create emotions like sadness, nostalgia without though losing their brightness.

If I have to compare the sound of SKRYLLS with some known bands in order to give you an idea of how they really sound, then the bands that come to my mind are HIM, SENTENCED, PARADISE LOST and even some BLACK SABBATH doom elements.

All the songs that are included here are well arranged and performed and the voice of Orlando which is really warm and expressive fits perfectly to the compositions and if you ask me makes them stand out.

I might not be a huge fan of the dark gothic rock/metal sound, but I really enjoyed SKRYLLS and I think that they deserve to be noticed by the fans of the genre because above all they believe in what they do and because of that they stand out.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: