Τετάρτη 25 Οκτωβρίου 2017

SODOM - Decision Day Review


SODOM - Decision Day
Steamhammer Records
This one is definitely a step-up from “Epitome of Torture”, it just has more energy to it and is catchier. I'll admit that I only have 2 SODOM albums in my collection. I've never been a huge fan until “Agent Orange” came out some 20+ years ago... then my interest faded after succeeding albums with lineup changes left me in disinterest with the band. But I tried “Epitome of Torture” and just ultimately didn't care for much. I feel that “Decision Day” is filled with good lyrics, fresh riffs, good leads and cool vocals by Tom Angelripper. I think that this is one of their best albums that I've heard by them. Helped a little with technology, the production quality is superb and the music just says it all. It's simply original sounding and has a lot of balls to it.

Every song on here kicks butt. I've read through the lyrical concepts too to each song and think that Tom is onto something here. Just the fact that they're dark words, they do play a huge part in today's society.

I'm a big supporter of buying CD's, it could be because I'm 40 and I grew up with record stores all around me in California and now here in Chicago. There's always a need for record stores to exist. Some people still want to support this dying scene of everything gone digital. But yeah, Tom and the newest line-up is what's fueled the release. It didn't get good feedback for nothing. These guys worked their butts off.

The fact that the songs aren't just with distorted guitars makes it more diverse. I liked the album from start to finish. I think that they just really made something significant. It's really groove laden with the riffs, they match where the vocals should sound. Definitely worth purchasing if you want the full experience.

Finally, I would say that SODOM was sort of dead to me with “Decision Day” they seemed to be born again.


Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: