Τετάρτη 26 Απριλίου 2017

EPICA - The Holographic Principle Review




EPICA - The Holographic Principle
Nuclear Blast Records
My first impression: generic. After listening to it a few more times I'd say that it's actually a step up from "The Quantum Enigma". It's more thrash oriented guitar work alongside Simone's beautiful voice and her symphonic liking of the orchestrated staff on-board. I like the fact that this one is heavier than its predecessor. The more guitar mixed with it makes them seem like their most thrash/symphonic/power metal. The leads on here again are wicked!! I like how they've seemed to balance everything on here. You get the best of all worlds in EPICA's songwriting. I never took a peak at their lyrics I'd have to say that the music is what's drawn me more towards this band. The fact that Simone seems to sing on here more makes it even better to listen to than just orchestration galore.

I think that they did a good job arranging this album which makes it a better fit in their overall sound. Being an ex-guitarist keys me into the music more so. There are times where there's aggressive male throat but not as much as Simone's voice outputs. She really contributes a lot more to the band now instead of bits and pieces here and there the fact that she's on here more makes it better overall.

I'm so really impressed with the guitars, I couldn't be happier with them. Even though there's still a lot of orchestra, they've stuck to their roots in that respect but just got heavier. The fact that other people have rated this one better than their last album makes me happy that this is not my first impression. It's my current thought that they've done themselves justice. Simone is dazzling here.

If it were my choice, I'd cut out the orchestra and keep it with just guitar, drums, vocals and a little bit of keys. But that's merely my contention. Otherwise, they performed great on here!! Support the band and pick this one up. If you're curious, check YouTube, but if you like it don't simply settle with YouTube, buy the physical copy of the album!! Keep the metal alive continually!!


Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: