Δευτέρα 4 Απριλίου 2016

MAX NAVARRO – Somewhere South of Heaven review



 MAX NAVARRO – Somewhere South of Heaven
AW Recordings
Yeah, the title can make you think of SLAYER, but MAX NAVARRO doesn’t belong to the aggressive branch of rock music. I think that this is the beauty of this music. It has variety and if you have an open mind and appreciate good music and song writing then you will enjoy a lot of good moments.

MAX is an Italian/Canadian artist and this is his new work with his band. Musically he moves in the radio friendly rock or commercial rock which most of us also know as AOR. This kind of sound emphasizes on melody and catchy choruses. It is the kind of music that somehow I have connected with summer parties or the kind of music that you listen to while you drive. It is a genre that I have connected with positive emotions personally.
MAX does a really wonderful job with his new album which is melodic and has catchy choruses that you will find hard to resist. Musically although he has his own personal touch he brought to my mind bands like AEROSMITH or even the latest Bon Jovi releases. Besides the above mentioned bands, I also think that there are some southern rock and blues elements on the album which give to it even more variety and depth.
I am not an expert at this kind of music, but I think that MAX NAVARRO did a great job here and he gave me the chance to listen to a beautiful album that is melodic and catchy without boring me one bit. I think that the fans of this sound should check them out for sure.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: