Κυριακή 21 Φεβρουαρίου 2016

SIMONE GIANLORENZI – About Her review



SIMONE GIANLORENZI – About Her
Maqueta Records
If you consider that in ancient times a whole war started for a woman and also gave the inspiration to Homer to write the best epic poem ever, then you can’t ignore the fact that women were and still are the inspiration for men to create. After all the muses were female goddesses. So, it is not weird that guitar virtuoso Simone releases his instrumental album and tell us a story about her (who is she? Don’t ask me I don’t know).
THE COVER: On the cover you can see the guitarist virtuoso Simone on his knees holding his guitar in his hands; the instrument that helps him to express his emotions and ideas through music. The whole cover has this deep blue and purple color that in a way reminded me of DEEP PURPLE.
MUSICAL STYLE: The style of Simone can be described in a few words as melodic rock. I mean that all the songs are based on traditional rock forms that are full of melodies and harmonies. However, this is not all since Simone experiments with many different styles of sounds. Actually he enriches his compositions with some jazz, blues and even reggae elements (such an example is the song “Bob (Rasta Lights)” which is dedicated to Bob Marley).
CONCLUSION: I am not really an expert at music theories, so I can’t tell you much about the techniques that Simone uses here. I can only express to you the sensation created to me by this album which is pleasant. It has complicated orchestrations that don’t tire the listener; instead are pretty much straight forward and finally I can tell you that it has variety. I think people who like instrumental rock music should check this out…
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: