Πέμπτη 25 Φεβρουαρίου 2016

FRENZY – Lethal Protector EP review



 FRENZY – Lethal Protector EP
Underground Power Records
In the 80’s, the era where I passed the biggest part of my childhood, we didn’t have smart phones and games consoles, so one of our best entertainment was to read comic books. I still have happy memories from reading Spiderman comic books and imagining being like him. A while after my love for comic books, I discovered my other passion which is heavy metal music. Actually there were many times that I was reading a comic book and listening to heavy metal and believe me it worked great.

FRENZY, who in their biggest part, are members of the disbanded group STEEL HORSE had this idea to combine their love for comic books and heavy metal and that resulted in this EP which I will present to you here (something like that also has been done by bands like METALIUM and HAMMERFALL in the past).
The sound of FRENZY actually is a continuation of the STEEL HORSE sound with the only exception that the lyrics have to do with comic books, as I mentioned above. The whole release has a strong 80’s metal vibe and in my opinion their influences come from the British metal sound. If I want to be more specific I have to say that FRENZY are heavily influenced by the early JUDAS PRIEST and the N.W.O.B.H.M. sound (bands like SAXON and IRON MAIDEN are definitely amongst their favorite ones). The more experienced ones can also find references to bands like RIOT and ACCEPT. Their sound has this immediacy and hard rockin’ attitude that you can only find in the early 80’s metal bands and yet it is fresh and contemporary.
“Lethal Protector” is a very interesting release of traditional heavy metal and the more you listen to it the more it will grow in you.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: