Σάββατο 30 Ιανουαρίου 2016

GRAUZEIT – Antagonist review



 GRAUZEIT – Antagonist
Independent
GRAUZEIT is a trio hailing from Hamburg, Germany and “Antagonist” is their fourth EP that came out about two years after their previous work. This EP contains three songs that showcase the ability of the band to compose and deliver mesmerizing, enchanting music.

Their genre is depressive black metal/shoegaze and I have to say that for me personally this is one of the best samples of this genre I’ve ever heard. I loved the dark keyboards that create a bleak, doomy atmosphere; I loved the guitars that other times enhance the melodic, shoegazing aspect of the music, while other times underline the cold, blackened essence of the compositions. This music is heavy and black metal without the use of any blast beats or extreme parts; in fact the tempo alternates between creeping slow and mid paced and fits perfectly to the depressive atmosphere they want to create. “Antagonist” is an instrumental album and although I don’t like instrumental releases, I was impressed by this one… I think vocals would take away some of the songs’ magic… Check it out even if you are not fans of the genre. GRAUZEIT will definitely not disappoint you!
Christine  Parastatidou

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: