Τρίτη 22 Σεπτεμβρίου 2015

DADDY FT. TORPEDO – Addio review



 DADDY FT. TORPEDO – Addio
Quarock Records
Oh well this is a release that has nothing to do with the concept of this webzine and I find it really hard to believe that there will be people here that will check out this review. The most important thing though is that I don’t have any experience in the music genre that DADDY plays. I will try to do my best and try to be as objective as I can. So let me tell you my thoughts about this release.
THE COVER: I think that the picture on the cover is the face of the musician with the artistic name Daddy (real name Davide Faranda). Actually it is a divided picture because the one half is grey and the other one colorful. Also the whole concept of the image looks like a portrait which is broken. The cover all in all looks good.
MUSICAL STYLE: Well, let me tell you that this album is a cooperation between the Italian rapper Daddy and the musician Torpedo (real name Alessandro Magnisi). As you can understand the sound of DADDY is what we call rap or hip – hop (I am not sure which term is the most proper) mixed with pop melodies (most of them played by keyboard and piano) and enriched with the use of female vocals.
COMPOSITIONS: Musically the album as I mentioned above is a mixture of rap/hip – hop and pop music. This means that the album emphasizes mostly on the words and rhymes that DADDY sings which are written in the Italian language and cover a variety of emotions. On the background you can listen to melodies played by piano and keyboards and sometimes the singer is accompanied by beautiful female voices.
CONCLUSION: DADDY surely created an album that is catchy and worked in detail and I think that it has all the elements needed in the pop culture to be noticed and become successful.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: