Δευτέρα 1 Ιουνίου 2015

FUNERAL TEARS – The World We Lost review



 FUNERAL TEARS – The World We Lost
Marche Funebre Productions
We will move to Russia and I will present to you the band FUNERAL TEARS. Actually the band is a one man project and it is the child of the musician Nikolay Seredov. “The World We Lost” is the sophomore release of the band and it comes 4 year after their debut album under the title “Your Life My Death”. It seems that FUNERAL TEARS don’t rush things up and they release music when they only feel they have something to give to the listener.
THE COVER: On the cover of the album you can see a misty scenery and the back of a girl walking into the mist. Also in front of the girl you can see a tree without leaves. I think that the whole picture is dark and depressive and I think it expresses the musical style of the band.
MUSICAL STYLE: I think that the band’s name was not chosen accidentally since it gives a hint about the genre FUNERAL TEARS belong to. The band plays funeral doom which means that they draw inspiration from despair and all the dark emotions that a human being can feel. In order to transform these feelings into music FUNERAL DOOM use repetitive riffs and melodies and all these are done on a slow tempo. The interesting thing though with FUNERAL TEARS is that they also emphasize on melody and this is something that we don’t listen often to a funeral doom metal band.
COMPOSITIONS: The new album of FUNERAL TEARS includes 5 songs and as I mentioned above they try to build a dark and desperate atmosphere through repetitive melodies and riffs and also with the use of harsh vocals. The compositions have a long duration and also I liked the vinyl sound effect that you can listen to before the start of each song.
CONCLUSION: I consider myself an optimistic person who occasionally has dark thoughts or feelings and when I have these kinds of feelings I think that FUNERAL TEARS can express them quite accurately through music. I think that the fans of this sound should check them out.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: