Κυριακή 26 Απριλίου 2015

NO ONE CARES – Dirty review




NO ONE CARES – Dirty
Qua Rock Records
I am the only one that writes for BEHIND THE VEIL WEBZINE at this time and I have to say that I am oriented into traditional metal. NO ONE CARES play the kind of metal music that I don’t know much about, but since their label sent me the album I will try to do my best to give you an accurate presentation of it. Also I would like to ask you to excuse me if I write something inaccurate here.
THE COVER: It depicts an image that is both harsh and poetic, but above all passes a very clear message. It shows a devastated environment on the background and a human with a gas mask and coat holding a daisy. As for the message, in my opinion it is very clear; A warning about the destruction that humans bring to the environment, but also there is a fragile hope that we can change.
MUSICAL STYLE: NO ONE CARES can be easily tagged under the genre modern/groove metal, but their sound has more depth than the usual bands of this genre. If you listen to them carefully you can also find some hardcore/punk rock elements and in comparison with other bands that move on the same musical genre, these guys also have leads and solos in a more extended way. Generally speaking I think that NO ONE CARES are moving between the old school sound and the modern groove/nu metal genre.
COMPOSITIONS: In this album you can find 8 compositions whose main characteristics are the down tuned guitars and the grooves. The interesting thing with this band is that they combine different influences that come from known groups like RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, MACHINE HEAD, EKTOMORF and PANTERA. In my opinion though, they have managed to create their own musical identity.
CONCLUSION: As I said I am not an expert to the kind of music that NO ONE CARES play, but I think that the people who love this sound will like them too and as I said they also use more extensively solos and leads for their sound and this makes them somehow original.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: